Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's Start Talking

Africa. Asia. Central America. Russia. Brazil. Europe.

      That is a tough choice. It is also a choice that I, as well as other team members, will be facing at the beginning of next semester. Yep. Let's Start Talking is a mission that is available through the CCSC at Tech. It is 3 to 6 weeks long depending on what you desire and it costs $3500. Most trips are May through June, while others are in July. 3500seems like a huge number when talking about money, but there are so many fundraising opportunities that only one individual has ever had to put forth a small amount of their own funds. There are sites on nearly every continent.

      This mission is one that does both, teaches the Bible and community work. The main point/focus of the mission is to teach citizens English through the Bible by having planned lessons with them, either one on one or in a group. I feel so drawn to this mission! Of course I am planning to pray about it in order to make sure that it's for me. I would also love to have my best friends pray about it. Pray that I see and understand if God wants me to go or not and if so, which location would be best for me and fellow teammates, or better put which location needs our ATU team the most.

If you're interested in joining a team or anything about LST at all, there's a website! http://www.lstu.org/ :-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is awsome you will have so much fun! i love mission trips :) i will be praying for you and your location!! love ya!